Job ID: 51104
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Experience: At least 3 year(s)
Education: See Requirements
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic Care Manager to join our team with a co-location within multiple sites in Brooklyn with potential to expand to other community settings. The Care Manager will serve as the behavioral health resource to connect members to behavioral health care based on referrals from primary care doctors and specialists. The Care Manager provides assessments, referrals, triage, conducts telephone assessments and in-person assessments, collects sufficient data to make appropriate referral and certification decisions for emergency/urgent referrals that require alternate levels of care and makes appropriate certification decisions.
• Extensive knowledge of community resources/services
• Complete telephone and in-person assessments and referrals; gathers demographic and clinical information to connect patient with appropriate provider and for emergency, urgent, and routine referrals
• Coordinates with other Care Managers within Beacon as well as within other facilities/agencies such as primary care physicians and specialists to ensure that patient comprehensive treatment needs are met.
• Coordinates member’s service needs with community agencies
• Provide education to member about Behavioral Health and/or Substance Abuse Diagnosis and medication management
• Provide clinical guidance and support to assist member in achieving their goals
• Prepares for and participates in all clinical rounds and clinical meetings and as needed in person meetings at the Manhattan office.
Education: B.S. Degree in mental health field or nursing. Master’s Degree in a health-related field and licensure as health professional is preferred.
Licensures: Current, valid and unrestricted license in a State or territory of the United States in a mental health field (RN, Ph.D., LCSW/ACSW, LLP, MHC, LPC, etc.).
Relevant Work Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of clinical experience in a behavioral health setting/ managed care experience that include inpatient, partial, and/or outpatient care preferred. Applicants must possess the ability to function in an interdisciplinary setting. Strong customer service orientation and excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Applicants must have knowledge and experience using management information systems, word processing, and spreadsheet applications (Microsoft Word and Excel experience preferred). Applicants must be knowledgeable about care resources and levels of care available.
Click below on “Apply for this Position” to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled