Job ID: 52509
Location: Morrisville, NC
Category: Sales, Strategy - Planning, Executive
Experience: At least 7 year(s)
Education: See Requirements
ABOUT THE POSITION
The VP Employer Sales & Development requires a strong background in sales and development of behavioral health and managed care business, preferably in the commercial sector. The person is responsible for developing new commercial business opportunities with a goal towards expanding the revenue basis and profitability of the division through increased sales, upsells and renewals of profitable commercial business through identification of potential business opportunities, managing the design and pricing of proposals submitted in response to RFPs, whether solicited or not, negotiating contracts to closure, and ensuring a smooth transition to account management staff at implementation. The individual in this role will travel frequently and can be remotely based.
Deliver effective and efficient quality operations
- Identifies opportunities for expanding Beacon Health Options’ business through creation of opportunities to market commercial behavioral health, disability, performance management and other products and services to purchasers, including attending and presenting at conferences regularly attended by executive leadership, human resources and benefits professionals in corporations, including Fortune 500 corporations, and state and local governments.
- Oversees development of proposals or other business processes that result in creating new commercial business for Beacon Health Options or retaining current clients through provision of accurate and timely client information and oversight of the production of a high quality and on-time response to RFP’s.
- Maintains ongoing relationships with staff of assigned Service Centers to support retaining and expanding commercial business; this will include coaching staff in developing effective working relationships with contract partners.
- Collaborate with appropriate Departments and Divisions to document impact of managed behavioral health care and promote its application as a management strategy all commercial clients.
- Assists in training Beacon Health Options staff, including Service Center employees and proposal writers.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred in a business, health care, marketing or a field related to the development and delivery of mental health and substance abuse services.
Years and Type of Relevant Work Experience:
At least seven years of progressively responsible professional experience in managed behavioral health care services sales, development, and marketing, with demonstrated successful results in sales and revenue expansion.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize multiple issues, excellent organizational skills, ability to track multiple projects/tasks and follow through as needed.
- Ability to manage time-sensitive projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvements and recommend and implement innovative solutions.
- Able to work collaboratively with internal staff and external clients
- Must be detail oriented; able to work independently in an ever changing environment
- Must have excellent communication and negotiation skills.
Click below on “Apply for this Position” to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Options company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled