Job ID: 51712
Location: Woburn, MA
Category: Executive, Management, Health Care
Experience: Up to 8 year(s)
Education: See Requirements
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic VP Medical Director to join our team at our office in Woburn, MA. The Medical Director will be responsible for the medical oversight of the quality, utilization and case management for mental health/substance use programs for a large health plan. In addition the Medical Director will provide clinical oversight to the clinical staff, to ensure that care is accessible, of the highest quality and is cost effective. In addition the Medical Director will provide medical oversight and guidance through ongoing provider and client interactions. He/she will be a member of the Beacon Medical Director team and will coordinate with colleagues, sharing best practices and innovative ideas.
• Development, implementation, evaluation and modification of Utilization Management policies and procedures.
• Responsibility for the scheduling, reporting, vacation planning, clinical supervision, inter-rater reliability and administrative work of Physician/Peer Advisor staff.
• Educates Physician/Peer Advisors and Care Managers about policies and procedures.
• Assists in the formulation of clinical utilization forecasts.
• Assists in the writing, design and implementation of medical policy/procedures and level of care guidelines.
Education: M.D. or D.O. Degree from an accredited medical school. Board certified in psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Licensure: Current, valid and unrestricted license in MA.
Relevant Work Experience: Five to eight years of clinical practice and board certification; three years direct managed care experience, preferably in mental health; experience at a mental health facility with inpatient and outpatient care required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• In-depth knowledge of medical care delivery system, utilization management, quality improvement, peer review, contracting, benefits interpretation, provider relations and member service.
• Knowledge, experience and proven success in the operations of a prepaid delivery system.
Click below on “Apply for this Position” to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Strategies, LLC., a Beacon Health Options company, is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer as well as a Drug Free Work Environment. EOE/M/F/Veterans/Disabled