ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic Vice President, Total Reward (Compensation & Benefits) to join our team at our office in Boston, MA. The VP, Comp & Benefits will be responsible for providing thought leadership, strategic direction, tactical/operational management by overseeing and directing the design, development, implementation, administration, and continuous improvement of compensation, executive compensation, benefits, reward, recognition, and wellness programs that are aligned with the corporation’s Total Rewards philosophy and strategy, organizational goals, and industry best practices.
- Develop, design and implement new and revised Total Rewards Programs (compensation and benefits programs, policies, and procedures) to be responsive to goals, strategies and competitive practices.
- Create stronger engagement within our culture with our rewards programs; identify tools to benchmark and innovate reward practices and recommend changes to overall total reward structures.
- Partner closely, communicate proactively, and provide consulting expertise to the Human Resources team regarding all Total Rewards matters (administration, programs, and policies) to maintain the organization's ability to attract, retain and motivate top talent.
- Proactively communicate programs to key stakeholders, devising program strategy to train managers to understand Total Rewards strategies. Lead the annual compensation review processes.
- Analyze, review and assess the effectiveness of Total Rewards programs to ensure objectives are being met and recommend/implement changes as appropriate, such as opportunities to consolidate, eliminate and/or develop new or revised compensation policies and programs to support competitive market practice.
- Interfaces with key external 3rd party vendors (i.e. health providers, insurance carriers, etc.) to ensure programs are appropriately administered. Resolve issues as appropriate.
- Design and manage company health care and wellness programs in a manner that educates and promotes effective health care management, wellness, and influences behavior to ensure efficient and cost effective program design, administration, and utilization
- Responsible for gathering and preparing data and/or reports (compensation, benefits or policy changes) for Board meetings, executive management.
- Improve communication/education on all Human Resources and Total Rewards matters and streamline/automate administration. Drive process and systems improvements for on-going excellence and effective administration.
- Remain current on industry compensation and benefits practices and changing legal issues, assessing and communicating potential impact on the business, along with providing recommendations/solutions to address any concerns. Oversee market research/analysis to determine or support changes in current pay plans/programs to remain competitive in our markets and ensure internal consistency.
- Lead and coordinate development, review, and administration of short-term and long-term variable compensation programs and administration of base salary programs (i.e., job analysis, job evaluation, merit and promotions) to ensure base compensation is determined fairly and consistently based on valid job information and application of accepted methodologies and individual performance in accordance with Company policy and procedure
- Monitor activities to stay within established budget, working closely with Finance to forecast and monitor budget related to compensation, benefits, and policy programs.
Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or a related discipline. MBA highly preferred.
Licensure: Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS), Certified Professional and/or Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), and/or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) preferred.
Relevant Work Experience: 10+ years progressively responsible experience leading and managing Total Rewards team in mid-to-large sized corporations. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in base salary and executive compensation administration required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Exceptional analytical and reporting skills, must be highly data-driven.
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define and analyze problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and develop creative solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of employee groups, including executive management.
- Ability to foster a team environment.
- Knowledge of federal, state, regional and local regulatory laws.
- Proficient in use of Human Resources information system(s) and reporting tools.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and the ability to analyze summarize and effectively present data.
Click below on “Apply for this Position” to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled