Job ID: 52252
Location: Boston, MA
Category: Finance, Accounting
Experience: At least 3 year(s)
Education: See Requirements
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic Senior Financial Analyst to join our team at our office in either New York, NY or Boston, MA. The Senior Financial Analyst will be reporting to the Regional CFO of the Tri-State/Mid-Atlantic Region. S/he will have direct responsibility for supporting the Regions financial analytics including, but not limited to budgeting/forecasts, variance analysis, cost management, and contract pricing.
• Working with other Finance staff manage the annual budget process for the Region and provide P&L owners with necessary reporting and ad-hoc analytics.
• Perform system updates, run reports and load Hyperion budget system with accurate data.
• Develop annual targets and assist in developing the overall BHO annual budget target.
• Ensure budgets include documented assumptions, utilize latest contracted rates and trends, reflecting existing and new business.
Forecasting / Reporting / Analysis –
• Establish financial goals, strategies, and business models including work on new products or synergies.
• Responsible for client-specific profit/loss analyses and for designing “what-if” scenarios around changes to contracts.
• Perform monthly variance reports.
• Forecast client and Northeast Region financial results.
• Working with actuarial and underwriting teams, forecast results in financial terms and make recommendations to improve regional financial results.
Financial Accounting System –
• Coordinate with Corporate Finance to implement all changes to systems, as needed.
• Assist in the development of templates to enhance analytics across the region
• Leverage Hyperion for efficiency in reporting
Monthly/Quarterly Operations Support –
• Review and/or prepare monthly financial analysis and supporting documentation.
• Present results of Northeast Region to operating departments, and others.
• Internal utilization cost management for health plan risk accounts – lead any required research and identify utilization and unit cost trends. Work directly with General Accounting / oversee risk account medical expense analysis.
• Leadership of processes to ensure proper revenue recognition, recording, and billing in accordance with client contracts
Provide analysis to senior management for frequent special projects.
Education : A four-year degree in accounting, finance or business is required.
Licensures : MBA, CMA or CPA preferred.
Relevant Work Experience:
• Minimum three years Finance / Accounting experience in an analytical role is required; budget experience preferred. Additionally, two years or more healthcare specific experience preferred.
• Strong analytical abilities and coordination/self-direction capabilities. Ability to manage multiple priorities and work effectively in fast paced environments with changing priorities.
• Must have demonstrated ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Strong Information Technology and financial systems experience required, with experience in PC based, AS/400, Oracle, Hyperion and ESSBASE preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities :
• Knowledgeable in Financial, Demographic and Clinical Data
• MS Office including advanced Excel and Powerpoint
• Strong analytical abilities and coordination/self-direction capabilities. Strong operational understanding and ability to drive change in an organization.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
• Hyperion / Smart View / Essbase reporting
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• Knowledge of healthcare industry and Managed Care Organizations
Click below on “Apply for this Position” to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Strategies, a Beacon Health Options company, is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer as well as a Drug Free Work Environment. EOE/M/F/Veterans/Disabled