ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic Senior Director and Pharmacist to join our team. This position is flexible for REMOTE work with the preference of one (1) day/week working out of the Woburn, MA office. This position is also flexible and hours can vary from 30 - 40/week.
The Psychotropic Drug Intervention Program (PDIP) is a unique, comprehensive, and integrated quality management program focused on identifying claims-based, medication-related problems, including medication safety issues, through the use of informatics, analytics, and clinical review. The program engages both prescribers and members utilizing innovative technologies to achieve an understanding and resolution of medication related issues. PDIP is changing the way behavioral health medications are prescribed by clinicians and used by health plan members.
The Senior Director and Pharmacist for the Psychotropic Drug Intervention Program (PDIP) is a customer-facing position that helps to set the program’s clinical standards for evaluation and achievement of established program goals and performance objectives. The Senior Director and Pharmacist leads the research and development of new program algorithms and interventions. This individual serves as a clinical expert of the PDIP program for both internal and external committees and audiences and works with clients and the provider community in the implementation, ongoing management, and development of the program. As needed or if required by Beacon clients, the Senior Director and Pharmacist will participate on P&T Committees and will meet with State agencies to review program outcomes reporting.
- Define, develop and enhance program algorithms to support the identification of inappropriate prescribing patterns and other medication-related problems as dictated by the goals of the program and the needs of customers.
- Define, develop and enhance algorithms and interventions which support the identification of population-based, medication-related problems or improvement of the management of specific pharmacotherapy
- Provide program development with current evidence-based research
- Identify new product ideas and development strategies which meet the needs of clients
- Support the development of pricing and marketing strategies for existing and new PDIP products and services to achieve desired revenues and return
Clinical Program Management
- Define, develop and enhance the clinical characteristics and processes of PDIP such as clinical review and quality triggers which improve quality and coordination of care
- Promote and be directly involved in the integration with Beacon case management programs to support improved clinical quality outcomes for members
- Collaborate with, support, and provide consultation to PDIP staff and other Beacon departments to assist and/or provide expertise and guidance around medication-related initiatives.
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence Architecture, Application Development, Data Analytics and Reporting departments to develop specifications for ongoing clinical requirements and goals of the program
- Utilize Beacon’s Physician Advisors to review complex cases for appropriate interventions through the established medical review process
- Oversee the management of PDIP’s drug table used in the PDIP program and assure accuracy, completeness and compatibility with pharmaceutical compendiums
- Develop clinical content of documents supporting PDIP’s goals and make them available to Beacon clinicians and leadership for publishing in newsletters or to be used to support educational materials to be shared with providers and members
- Analyze and review weekly program events and determine appropriate interventions
- Client and External Constituent Management
- Present program results to client health plans on an agreed upon schedule, and work in a collaborative manner with client health plans to advance the goals of the program and meet their ongoing needs with program enhancements and new solutions
- Meet with clients and Beacon Program Directors, as needed, to promote PDIP, address concerns or complaints, and to identify opportunities for improvement
- Provide on-site visibility of leadership of Beacon’s PDIP program and interact with chief medical officers, practitioners and client staff
- Interact with practitioners and facilities in a professional, respectful manner that facilitates the treatment process and encourages program support and acceptance
- Present program results at national conferences
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimally must have Master’s degree
- Preferred: PhD level pharmacist with experience in the pharmacologic treatment of behavioral health disorders, including experience in program management and provider outreach and education; research design and methodology; and data analytics
Licensure: Registered, licensed clinical pharmacist
Relevant Work Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years management experience at a manager level or higher. Demonstrated leadership in program management, excellent written and verbal communication skills. Expertise in program evaluation and development. Experience in healthcare, managed care or pharmacy program operations and management is preferred.
- Demonstrated skill in a matrix-management environment using an actionable work plan. Must be detail-oriented, able to work independently and on a team and handle multiple tasks in an efficient manner, in a busy environment. Excellent analytic and communication skills required.
- Demonstrated experience in providing consultation and support to staff and colleagues for improved team performance.
- Demonstrated experience in working in an environment with data-based products or services; unfamiliar processes and technologies.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Exceptional proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook required, Visio
- File management and network computer skills also required
- Analytical and problem solving ability
- Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Group presentation and public speaking skills
- Collaboration and team-oriented work philosophy
- Strong and proven Organizational skills to support meeting defined deadlines
- May require time commitments beyond 40 hours per week at times.
Click below on “Apply for this Position” to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Strategies, a Beacon Health Options company, is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer as well as a Drug Free Work Environment. EOE/M/F/Veterans/Disabled