ABOUT THE POSITION
Beacon is seeking candidates that can immediately work for any employer in the US. Please and all questions when applying.
We are currently seeking a dynamic Business Systems Analyst, Data Analytics to join our team at our office in Boston, MA.
The Business Systems Analyst, Data Analytics is primarily responsible for providing requirement to the team of Business Intelligence database developers to address both global BI solutions and report and/or data extraction specific processes/outputs. The business systems analyst reports to the VP of Data Analytics and works directly with a team of database developers. The BSA is responsible for working with business users to identify requirements, independently develop business and functional specifications, work with database developers to interpret specifications and ensure standards for data definition and data extraction are followed, create test cases and perform testing. It is also expected that the BSA will make recommendations for global BI solutions; thinking about an enterprise wide approach as opposed to a single report solution.
- Act as liaison between internal and external business partners and BI developers to define, document and review business and system requirements to support report solution development.
- Create project documentation including function and technical specifications, requirements/due diligence, use-cases, testing scenarios and project plans where applicable.
- Demonstrates leadership by coordinating and execute on delivery of the requirements, specifications, design, and testing efforts for both small to large projects.
- Effectively communicate status, changes, and issues to the relevant parties and stakeholders.
- Quickly address and /or escalate project issues and support their resolution.
- Coordinate with departments to provide report training/education and documentation.
- Adjust to multiple demands and constituencies by shifting priorities and through rapid change and flexibility.
- Ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of the parent and client organizations.
- Strong analytic curiosity and innovative problem solving skills using a systems thinking approach.
- Creative problem solving skills with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer focus and ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage concurrent data projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Represent BEACON at applicable activities including mutli-system user groups and other health data system organizations, such as MA APCD, HEDIS working groups and regulatory agencies.
- Maintain professional growth and development through self-directed learning activities focused on both technology and the business of healthcare.
- Ensure that reporting systems comply with HIPAA security and privacy guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a related field required (Computer Science, Business Systems Administration, etc.).
Relevant Work Experience:
- 3 to 5 years as a business analyst with a working knowledge of BI architectures and relational database systems (IE: MS SQL, Oracle, Windows Server, BIDS, Cognos).
- 3 to 5 years experience in the healthcare and/or insurance industry is required; behavioral health experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Communicate effectively in both verbal (i.e. day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written (requirements and design specifications) form, as well as have an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications.
- Familiarity with all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle and Project Management methodologies.
- Proven ability to work both independently and in a dynamic team structure.
Click below on “Apply for this Position” to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Options company, is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer as well as a Drug Free Work Environment. EOE/M/F/Veterans/Disabled